Our Leadership Councils draw together select groups of business leaders from our membership with a specific interest in policy areas to connect with one another, share ideas and perspectives, and help inform and develop the Chamber's policy positions.
- Help us identify emerging policy issues
- Serve as a resource of expertise as questions arise
- Advise the Chamber on prioritizing specific issues within a broader subject area
Our Leadership Councils currently include the following topics (expand for more information).
The Public Policy & Government Relations Leadership Council works with city, state, and federal officials to create a competitive climate for the continued growth and success of Greater Boston’s employers.
- Pamela Everhart, Fidelity Investments
- Joe Zukowski, Verizon
- Talent, Education and Training
- Economic Mobility
- Health Care Costs
- House Majority Leader Ronald Mariano
- Senator Viriato deMacedo
- Senator Jason Lewis, Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on Public Health
- Representative Jay Kaufman, Chairman, Joint Committee on Revenue
The Transportation & Infrastructure Leadership Council works to promote a safe and reliable transportation system at the city, region and statewide level to support the economic growth of Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
- Anne Bailey Berman, Chadwick Martin Bailey
- Steven Wright, Holland & Knight LLP
- Improving MBTA service to better serve our economy
- Addressing the needs of the city and state transportation systems
- Modernizing transportation through new technologies
- Senator Thomas McGee, co-chair Joint Committee on Transportation
- Tom Glynn, Massport
- Thomas Tinlin, MassDOT
The Talent Development & Retention Leadership Council works with government, business, and education leaders to promote education innovation, workforce training, and policies that attract, develop and retain a strong talent pipeline to meet industry and employer rapidly changing needs.
- Joanne Pokaski, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Eric Pugh, PwC
- Promotion of K-12 educational innovation, including STEM and vocational technical programs
- Closing the skills gap and investing in workforce development and training.
- Development of stronger education pathways to employment.
- Secretary James Peyser, Executive Office of Education
- Representative Alice Peisch, Co-Chair, Joint Committee on Education
- Commissioner Richard Freeland, Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
The Health Care & Life Sciences Leadership Council works with business and government leaders to engage in efforts to find health care cost solutions, and preserve our region’s leadership roles in the areas of care quality, research and innovation.
- David Goggin, Amgen
- Patricia McMullin, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Health care cost containment
- Federal MassHealth waiver and changes to the Affordable Care Act
- Federal research funding
- Daniel Tsai, Assistant Secretary for MassHealth and Medicaid Director for the Commonwealth
- Senator Jason Lewis, Senate Chair of Joint Committee on Public Health
- Dr. Stuart Altman, Chair of the Health Policy Commission
- David Seltz, Executive Director, Health Policy Commission
The Financial Services Leadership Council works to identify competitiveness issues impacting the Greater Boston financial service industry, and then formulate policies to address those issues and work for their implementation by conveying our message to elected and appointed officials.
- Tracey Flaherty, Natixis Global Asset Management
- James Gallagher, John Hancock
- Business cost and regulatory issues
- Talent, education and training
- Job creation and entrepreneurship
- Professor Mihir Desai, Harvard Business School
- Professor Jan Rivkin, Harvard Business School
- Dr. Paul Willen, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- John Chapman, Undersecretary of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation
The Energy & Sustainability Leadership Council works with business and government leaders to engage in dialogue, education and advocacy on energy issues facing the region's employers.
- Mark Reed, Eversource Energy
- Amanda King, Bentley University
- Balancing cost, reliability and evironmental impact
- Promoting sustainability and energy efficiency
- Expanding energy supply and storage options
- Ben Downing, Former Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy
- Angie O’Connor, Chair of the Department of Public Utilities
- Secretary Maeve Vallely Bartlett, Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Commissioner Judith Judson, Department of Energy Resources
The Regional Real Estate Development Leadership Council works to promote the development of buildings, land, and open space in ways that maximize job creation and quality of life.
- Judy Nitsch, Nitsch Engineering
- Paul Ayoub, Nutter McClennen & Fish, LLP
- South Boston Waterfront District
- Smart growth
- Regulatory reform
- Austin Blackmon, Chief of Environment, Energy, and Open Space, City of Boston
- Sara Myerson, Director of Planning, Boston Redevelopment Authority
- William Christopher, Jr., Commissioner of the Boston Inspectional Services Department
The Hospitality & Tourism Leadership Council works to promote policies that will strengthen the region’s hospitality and tourism, and arts and culture industries, both of which contribute to our economy and make Greater Boston a leading global destination.
- Robert DeSalvio, Wynn Resorts Development
- Growing business tourism to Boston
- Increasing leisure tourism to Boston and Massachusetts
- Modernizing and improving Boston Logan International airport and other tourism-travel infrastructure