Women's Leadership Program
More than fifty percent of Greater Boston’s workforce is comprised of talented female professionals. We're focused on tapping into that strength to maximize the power of women leaders for the success of our region through our Women’s Leadership Program (WLP). Presented in partnership with Simmons School of Management, this distinct program provides emerging female professionals the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and develop professional networks that will serve them throughout their careers.
Program highlights include:
- A two-day seminar on women's leadership and a half-day seminar on seminar on negotiations at Simmons School of Management
- Tailored workshops, roundtables, and forums with Greater Boston leaders
- Carefully curated networking opportunities designed to connect women with one another and foster professional relationships
- A special Leadership Forum featuring a nationally renowned expert in leadership
WLP participants will:
- Learn from top faculty at Simmons School of Management
- Cultivate personal leadership styles and acquire new leadership skills
- Develop a long-lasting network of peer mentors across all industries
- Strengthen their understanding of the Greater Boston business community
- Engage with prominent senior women leaders in Greater Boston, including members of the Chamber’s vibrant Women’s Network.
Eligibility & Selection Process
- Each year, the WLP program accepts up to 100 emerging female professionals, who are currently employed by a Chamber member organization.
- We accept online nominations from members on a rolling basis starting in the spring 2018 for a fall start date. Individuals may nominate themselves provided their organization is a Chamber member. A nomination does not guarantee selection into the cohort.
- Nominees are then invited complete an online application and return it to the Chamber by for consideration.
The WLP program runs from September through June. The cost of participation is $4,000, which includes sessions, course materials, and meals.
See the 2017/2018 WLP Program Schedule (PDF).
See the list of 2016/2017 WLP participants (PDF).
Click here for a printable PDF about the program.