Boston's Future Leaders Program
Boston's long term success depends on the preparedness of the next generation of leaders. Our Boston's Future Leaders (BFL) program is built to ensure that success, by providing rising leaders the opportunity to focus on building the leadership skills and professional connections they'll need to lead Boston long into the future. Through a year-long professional development platform, BFL participants gain exposure to established public, private and nonprofit leadership practices as well as the behind-the-scenes work that keeps Boston thriving.
Program highlights include:
- An introduction to the leadership of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Two and a half-days of programming focused on socially-conscious leadership at Harvard Business School
- A daylong program at Suffolk University's Sawyer Business School focused on business and government
- Networking sessions featuring candid lessons from top Boston business leaders
- A special Leadership Forum featuring a nationally renowned expert in leadership
Boston’s Future Leaders helped me become a strong leader. It allowed me to spend time investing in myself and my career. - Smriti Mishra, EnerNOC
Eligibility & Selection Process
- The BFL program accepts up to 80 participants who hold mid-level management positions, are currently employed by a Chamber member organization, and have been identified as having high potential for an organizational leadership role.
- The Chamber solicits and accepts online nominations from members during a rolling nomination period starting October 2. Individuals may nominate themselves provided their organization is a Chamber member. A nomination does not guarantee selection into the cohort.
- Once a nomination is submitted, we will invite the nominee to complete an online application. Applications open November 1 and are due by December 8.
The BFL program runs from February to December. The cost of participation is $4,000 which includes all programs, materials, meals and access to three additional Chamber programs of the participant's choosing.
See the 2017 BFL Program Schedule (PDF).
See the list of 2017 BFL participants (PDF).